12 May 2008





Got the water heater installed along with the timer switch for it. That's going to allow us to set two separate on/off times and save energy! Since the water heater is relatively efficient at storing the hot water, turning it on for a few hours in the morning and the afternoon means we'll likely have enough throughout the day.

The HDMI cables came in last week as well so I can install those in the wall and insulate and hang the last of the drywall to finish up the living room. Whoo hoo!!! I still hate HDMI.






Last Monday I started germinating seeds for the vegetable garden. I went to the store to pick up some groceries for the family and despite my best efforts was almost shocked into a coma by the price of food. My ancestors were horse thieves and farmers and since there aren't many horses to thieve around here, I'm going to go back to my roots (ahahaha) and grow some veggies. I had already been thinking of it but the trip to the store really pushed me into buying some peat pot starters and some seed at Home Depot.



A trip to the local nursery provided a wealth of information and I'm trying a bunch of different things right now. Beans, buttercrunch lettuce, bok choi, won bok, a mesclun mix of lettuce, sweet silver corn, zucchini, roma tomatoes, better boy tomatoes, poblano peppers and I think that's about it for now. I bought a bunch of other seeds which I haven't germinated yet because I have no idea where any of it is going to end up growing.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home