22 September 2008

32! Like, yay and stuff!





Home Improvement

The mud skimcoat is almost done for the whole house with the downstairs closet being the last place I need to do before sanding everything down. Speaking of sanding, Spencer was over yesterday sanding the downstairs ceiling. Again. For those who don't know, he was the one who sanded the ceiling way back when I thought I didn't have much work to do on the house. I skimcoated the entire ceiling, he sanded the entire ceiling, then I tore every piece of drywall out. After this latest round of sanding this is what his arm looked like:

Gross.

The sanding shouldn't take much more than a day or two. Unfortunately I'll be in Kona for Ed's wedding from Wednesday the 24th to Sunday or Monday the 29th. Speaking of weddings...



Weddings - Michael & Avelene - Ed & Clam

So I'm finally putting up pics of Michael and Avelene's wedding in LA. Only a handful of digital as the bulk of it I shot on good old 35mm film. Yes, film. I'm not gonna scan them but maybe Michael will when he has time. I'm handing off duplicates of everything to him when we see each other in Kona and his mission is to distribute them accordingly.

Ed & Clam are tying the knot in Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii this coming Saturday. We're getting there a day earlier than them and hopefully will be able to visit my aunty in Hilo before having to help with wedding stuff on Thursday. I'm planning on shooting a lot more, both film & digital so look to links for more pics soon. Well, soon being next week at the earliest. Speaking of links to pictures....


Michael & Avelene's Wedding

Ed's Bachleor Party. (SFW)

Music

One of these days I'm going to make it to New Zealand. Besides being Middle Earth and a reasonable facsimile of samurai-time Japan (the village from The Last Samurai was there), there's what seems to be a strong reggae scene. Besides Katchafire and the previously mentioned Black Seeds, my brother found this band called Fat Freddy's Drop. The name's from a cartoon character printed sheet of acid tabs popular at one point over there. Weird name aside, they're sort of reggae/dub/soul but with a definite "sound". Some of their songs are straight soul with a little hip-hop beats thrown in for good measure. Enough! Sample a little and see if you like.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home